All images are property of Wish Photography and Kandis Broadhead. Use of any images without Wish Photography consent is prohibited. If you would like to use an image please contact Kandis at wishphotographyutah@gmail.com
Visit our Website at http://wish-photo.com

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Night Circus Inspiration.

In 2011 I did a shoot that was a circus shoot with my daughter Elle for a clothing company.  I was thrilled with the way they turned out.  I didn't get much of a variety because I was shooting in tight quarters and I just needed to get the shot.  I loved what I got however.   But because I didn't get a variety I really wanted to do another circus shoot.  Then I read the book Night Circus and it struck a idea.  I wanted to recreate the shoot but not with my daughter Elle but with someone else.
So I got Hailey.  Hailey is a fabulous model in Salt Lake City and she liked my idea.  So together with a fabulous hair and makeup team I was able to create these awesome images.

When it came to styling I knew exactly what I wanted.  So I scoured ebay for days to find the right pieces.  The pants were actually listed as beetlejuice pants and the jacket as a steampunk jacket.  The top hat I found at a local vintage shop...and Hailey she provided the black heels.

When I was looking for a location I knew I wanted somewhere industrial rather than somewhere urban.  So I started looking on the outskirts of Salt Lake and I found this awesome concrete plant...it would have been more awesome if I could have gone in the gates...but I couldn't so I shot on the outside.

I adore everything about this shoot.  It may be one of my favorite shoots to date.



































1 comment: