All images are property of Wish Photography and Kandis Broadhead. Use of any images without Wish Photography consent is prohibited. If you would like to use an image please contact Kandis at wishphotographyutah@gmail.com
Visit our Website at http://wish-photo.com

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ode to National Dog Day

Well I am no pet photographer but I am a pet owner and today is National Dog Day.
We have two dogs.
Dog number 1 is Ruby, also known as Ruby Dooby Dog.
Dog number 2 is Pearl, also known as Pearly Girly.

We have had Ruby for 8 years.  We got her when she was just barely old enough to leave her mom.
We bought her from a breeder in Missouri...and she flew on an airplane to get to us.  Elle was just 1 and I will never forget when we picked her up from the airport.  She was so little and so scared but she was perfect.  We were so excited to have her.  She is a Yorkie and Schnauzer mix.  She has been the best family dog.  She is so easy going and my girls simply adore her.  I call her my 'dogger' get it daughter..dogger...ha ha ha. I'm so clever.

Next we have Pearl.  We have only had Pearl for 3 weeks.  She was a rescue dog from the animal shelter aka doggy hell. My niece and mom had went to the animal shelter looking for my brother in laws lost dog and they saw this yorkie there.  They told me how cute he was and I fell in love with him without even seeing him.  Thinking that he was in doggy hell and feeling so bad for him I called on him the next day.  He wasn't up for adoption yet. Everyday I called on him until the day they told me he was adoptable.  I got to the shelter the minute they opened but I was informed that the adoption center didn't open for two more hours.  So I took my girls to lunch and we were back to the shelter promptly when the adoption center opened.  Well either when I was there I filled out the paper work for this little guy so when I got there they told me to just go back.  So we went back...but the kennel number they had written on our form didn't hold the right dog.  So we looked around and found him.  When we got to the kennel another family was there.  I proceeded to walk out to tell the receptionist we would like to visit with the dog the mother of the other family walked just in front of me and made it to the receptionist 10 seconds sooner than I did...and guess what..they adopted him because they made it to the counter first.  My girls were heartbroken.  Elle cried.  One of the ladies there at the shelter told me that they had another yorkie in the back which was not adoptable yet but to check back.  Every day I called or checked the website..until one morning on the website I saw her available.  We left our house in record time to make it to the shelter before anyone else.  We made it there and we were able to adopt her.  She was so scared but so sweet.  She just wants to be loved all the time.
I know she was meant for our family.  She however isn't as tolerable of Ava...but that's okay.

Ruby and Pearl are getting used to each other and they tolerate each other but in the beginning Ruby was really stuck up to Pearl.  Ruby wouldn't let Pearl eat out of the same dish and Ruby would try to take over Pearls doggy bed...but that has all stopped now.

We thought we would never get another dog and we are now glad Pearl is part of our family.
We love both of our little dogs and we consider them family.


follow me on Instagram @kandisbroadhead

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED READING THIS!!! I love yorkies and miss mine SOOOO Very much!!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes photography is a entertaining to capture your our interested pictures like family joyful moments, nature incredible pictures and attractive moments build entertaining for photography.
    Event photographer in jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute dogs!!! They are looks so nice , amazing picture . I like it .

    CD stock photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have capture really fantastic photographs .Photographing pets takes on a deeper meaning when you can capture their character in a photo. It’s a good idea to photograph pets in their preferred spots or enjoying a much-loved pastime such snoozing on the porch or catching a Frisbee.

    ReplyDelete